Friday, April 29, 2011

Wedding Whimsy

I was never one of those people who pretended that I wasn't excited about the upcoming Royal nuptials. I love weddings. I love the Royal Family. I love the pomp and circumstance. I love the uplifting excitement of a whimsical day. I love that it was a UK Bank Holiday. People can naysay all they want, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

A Few Favorite Aspects

The music was just incredible. Prince Charles helped Kate pick out the hymns and it was just gorgeous including a beautiful rendition of the National Anthem "God Save The Queen" which Piers Morgan from CNN deemed able to "absolutely raise the roof of Britain". I don't know about all that, but it was magical. The bands were wonderful and the choir was just angelic.


Westminster Abbey was the perfect place for their wedding, but if we are honest, its not a very welcoming and inviting kind of building. The addition of the Birch Trees to the interior of the gallery just brought a new sense of life and magic to the traditional ceremony.


Normally I am pretty wary of veils on brides especially with the modern cuts of dresses, but paired with her gorgeous McQueen dress, Kate's sheer veil only added to her beauty and the mystery of the occasion. It complimented her body and her dress stunningly. With regards to the dress, I thought it was fantastic, but there was a wow factor that was missing. I'm not particularly a fan of Diana's dress, but it was clearly a dress fit for a princess.


The Beckhams. Best looking guests around. Enough said.


And last, but certainly not least, the adorable Queen of England herself. A vision in yellow!

And with all of the build up and all of the excitement, the day is over and done with. It really inspires me because even if Kate's life is a living hell for the rest of her life because she is a princess, at least today was a dream. A dream that she actually got to live.



Good Luck Will and Kate! Everyone pray for Harry.

No comments:

Post a Comment