Thursday, June 30, 2011

Reel Talk: IFC Obsession


Within the last 2 months I have discovered the joy of the Independent Film Channel. Every single day there is at least 4 things I want to watch. My Tivo overfloweth! I have become completely obsessed with the channel, but every time that I try and share this joy, no one seems to really know if they get IFC on their tv or they don't really care...EITHER WAY! I am here to enlighten on all things great about IFC

1. Rhett and Link: Commercial Kings

Best friends since the first grade in North Carolina, Rhett and Link are advertising, film, and youtube stars who have decided to use their digital savvy to help others (and get great show material in the meantime). Each episode follows the adorable boys helping two struggling businesses that need to find new customers because of the recession. Rhett and Link get to know the owners and what they want. Beyond creating epic local commercials, there are endless hilarious moments between the film makers and the entrepreneurs. Each episode is fresh and original. It is one of the greatest new shows on television.

2. Freaks and Geeks/Undeclared block

I don't think that I need to really explain the greatness of each of these shows individually, but the brilliant minds at IFC brought the two together in a wonderful rock block of Apatow-esque humor that we love. On the downside, I become completely unproductive whenever these blocks start.

3. Sunday's Best
True to their landmark dedication to film, IFC is not just great because of it's television blocks, but also because of its choice films. One of it's best film series is Sunday's Best. A wonderful mixture of classic movies and small flicks, Sunday's Best gives you and your family a great thing to do while lounging at the end of the weekend.
Examples of films offered: Pulp Fiction, Meatballs, Monty Python at the Hollywood Bowl, Tremors
Please everyone join my IFC obsession. Mostly so I can have someone to talk to and watch more tv with.

Love Bailey

1 comment:

  1. I've developed a similar major crush on the Sundance channel. SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete