Friday, February 18, 2011

For the Love of Shlomy


Ladies and gentlemen, this may come as a shock to you, but beneath my fabulous exterior is a forty+ year old full on cat lady. Anyone who knows me knows that my cat is my best friend in the whole world (sorry Meredith). While I don't have any framed photos of him and I, Liz Lemon has got nothing on my collection of photos of us together.

When I was 4 my mom took my brother and I to the park to get a kitten from an abandoned litter. We got there in time to snatch one up and he was about the size of my mom's hand. I'll never forget his little golf ball sized head facing a corner of the Costco sized Eggo box we got him in. He was severely malnourished and the vet told us he probably wasn't going to make it, so my mom, being the amazing woman she is, nursed him back to health. He is now 17 years old and although he barfs constantly, he's still basically a kitten at heart, as well as the love of my life. He doesn't judge me, he always pays attention to me, he's affectionate, he's always happy to see me, and most importantly, he don't talk back. I always say I'll never love a man as much as I love my cat, and it is absolutely true. Sorry dudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment